Home | News/Events : Press Releases
Billerica, MA, March 31, 2008
On March 31, 2008, Azonix was issued an AS 9100 certificate.
AS9100 is the quality management standard specifically written for the aerospace industry.
The current version of AS9100 aligns the standard with ISO 9001:2008 and has extra requirements regarding Regulatory Compliance and the following aerospace-sector specific requirements:
- Configuration management
- Design phase, design verification, validation and testing processes
- Reliability, maintainability and safety
- Approval and review of subcontractor performance
- Verification of purchased product
- Product identification throughout the product’s life cycle
- Product documentation
- Control of production process changes
- Control of production equipment, tools and numerical control machine programmes
- Control of work performed outside the supplier’s facilities
- Special processes
- Inspection and testing procedures
- Methods, resources and recording
- Corrective action
- Expansion of the internal audit requirements in ISO 9001:2000
- First article inspection
- Servicing, including collecting and analyzing data, delivery, investigation and reporting and control of technical documentation
- Review of disposition of non-conforming product
As a result, ISO 9001:2000 is totally encompassed within AS9100 with these additional requirements applied specifically addressing aviation safety concerns.
Azonix is proud to be certified as an AS 9100 manufacturer. Since the introduction of the ProPanel HMI product line in 1991, Azonix has been a recognized leader in safe and reliable computers and HMI for industry and defense.
Back to Press Release Index